Assisting departments accurately record hours worked; maintain flexi balances and manage planned/unplanned absences. With current pressures on the public sector to operate within reduced budgets, while continuing to deliver a high level of service, there is a need to find new ways to reduce expenditure. As the largest controllable expense, the workforce provides a great opportunity for the public sector to reduce costs. Softworks Time & Attendance, Flexitime Working, computerised Honour Based Timesheet and Employee Self Service solutions, provide the tools and processes they need to reduce labour costs, increase efficiencies, accommodate variable staffing needs and comply with complex labour laws and union agreements.
How Softworks can assist the Public Sector:
- Automates the tracking of flexible working options including flexitime, remote working, and working from home.
- Optimises workforce scheduling and deployment by aligning labour resources with demand.
- Improves productivity and quality by making informed real time decisions based on actual data.
- Reduces operating costs by making optimal use of existing workforce and minimising the need for overtime and temporary labour.
- Attracts, retains and motivates employees by giving them more control and input over their work schedules.
- Takes control of employee planned and unplanned absences and managing holidays, time in lieu and sickness more efficiently.
- Increases payroll accuracy by removing manual processes.
- Consolidates and applies all rules in a fair and equitable fashion.
- Formalises workflow authorisation to enable managers to easily edit, authorise and analyse overtime, holidays and planned and unplanned absences.
- Facilitates compliance with health and safety. The system can be linked to an organisations fire alarm system. In an emergency a roll call can be automatically produced, detailing exactly who is registered on the premises.
Softworks Public Sector Solutions have been designed with the specific requirements of the public sector in mind. Together with feedback from our customers and industry experts, we have designed solutions that assist the sector to deliver a first class service within tight budgets.