Softworks All-In-One Workforce Management Software integrates the Acuity-Based Staffing model to provide an optimised solution to Healthcare Employee Scheduling, Time and Attendance, Absence Management and much more.
Patient Acuity is the measurement of the intensity of nursing care required by a patient. Healthcare organisations use patient acuity assessment to optimise their nursing resources and provide high-quality care to their patients.
What is the Acuity-Based Staffing model?
Acuity-based staffing allocates resources based on patients’ needs, rather than just patient numbers. Assigning the number of nurses needed per shift based merely on the number of patients may not be in the best interests of patients. For example, patients may require a dedicated nurse 24/7 when in intensive care but need minimal care on the day they are discharged.
With our automated acuity-based staffing solutions, you can optimise nursing rosters and assignments with patients’ dependency needs and be sure that you are making the best use of your workforce. It allows you to achieve quality patient outcomes, more efficient employee scheduling, reduced costs and increased employee satisfaction and retention.
Benefits of Workforce Management Software based on Patient Acuity
- ALIGN staff rosters with patients’ acuity. Schedule shifts by considering skills, experience and patients’ acuity levels.
- TRACK patient dependency levels across wards by integrating with tools like Shelford Acuity Tool, NICE, RAFAELA, and NHPPD.
- ASSESS the level of care required by each patient and schedule staff accordingly.
- MATCH required nursing FTE vs actual rostered FTE hours.
- IDENTIFY the number of staff required in each ward on a daily basis.
- ASSIST ward managers in identifying wards requiring revised staffing levels.
- MONITOR patient dependency levels and generate staff-to-patient assignments based on these levels.
Areas We Help
Leading hospitals use Softworks Solutions
The Mater Private are delighted with their new system….
” Supervisors don’t have to worry about people forgetting their rosters or about how to communicate roster information out to employees, it’s all there in the Softworks App. “
” Employees find Softworks very user-friendly, they like the fact it’s easy to navigate and it’s updated in real time, they like being able to check their clock cards and track actual time worked and bank time in lieu. “
” The automatic and to the minute flexi time calculations, and the automatic holiday calculations for employees has significantly reduced administration and manual tasks. “
” Team leaders appreciate the fact that they can now plan more easily and that it’s much simpler to manage holidays and flexitime for their teams. “
” Softworks has had a tremendous impact on the organization’s ability to be more efficient with time tracking, reporting, legislative compliance around confidentiality and privacy, and have better business outcomes. “
Aids Committee Toronto
” Overall we are very happy with Softworks as it provides a much quicker and more accurate way of controlling everything from clock-in to wages pay out and storing Personnel information. “