To be eligible to apply for the Softworks Junior Project Manager Graduate Program – North America, we are looking for applicants that have completed a relevant degree at a third-level organization such as Business Management. The successful candidate will be a hand on individual and someone who wants to be a long-term fixture in the company. We are looking for quick learners, who are keen to work in a fast-paced environment. While fully supported every step of the way, you are someone who thrives on responsibility, challenge, and problem-solving. In return, the candidate will gain a breadth of business experience and skills as they complete placements in different parts of our business.
About the Program
The program is designed to bring the candidate through all aspects of work life within a busy product and services company. At the end of the program, the candidate can expect to have gained a level of experience that will uniquely position them within the industry.
The candidate will touch each of:
- Software Training
- Software Support
- Customer Engagement
- Project Management
The areas covered within the intensive 6-month program are:
- Software Training: It’s important to understand how our product works, starting off in the training team will provide a space to learn about Time and Attendance softworks and how to deliver successful training sessions. The successful candidate will shadow a trainer with the aim of carrying out training sessions once sufficient knowledge has been gained.
- Customer Support: As part of our experienced helpdesk the candidate will learn how to respond to real customer issues. The candidate will gain invaluable experience and learn valuable insights into how the IT customer thinks. This part of the program will involve engaging with customers and troubleshooting customer problems.
- Customer Engagement: the candidate will work with the Customer Success Manager and Account Managers to understand how to build, reinforce and maintain existing clients and relationships. This part of the program will help the candidate understand everyone’s role in improving and retaining customers.
- Project Implementation: It is from here the candidate will learn the project management techniques inherent at all levels of software development.
Junior Project Manager Overview
- Create Project Plans, identifying project goals and timelines for the project to stay on track and meet deadlines
- Manage stakeholders throughout the whole project lifecycle
- Collaborate with various teams and hold meetings to develop project plans
- Configuration of Softworks Software through project implementation
- Ensure projects are completed to meet specified requirements and any outstanding tasks are completed
- Confirm all project documentation is produced and training and support is arranged for the client
- Communicate and test any bugs or issues with software developers to ensure they are removed
- Assist Senior Project Managers with tasks related to project implementation and configuration
- Report on the success of the project and any setbacks that were encountered or room for improvement
- The role will be remote working but will require some office-based work (initial training based in Ireland), some client site-based work
- A relevant 3rd-level degree
- Written and verbal fluency in one or more of the following languages French, German, Italian, and Spanish is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills – you must enjoy interfacing with customers and be confident in representing the company
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are essential
- Ability to work flexibly and co-operatively to solve problems and achieve team goals
- Ability to exercise initiative and to embrace and adapt to change
- Must be a strong team player and also able to work on own initiative
For over twenty years Softworks has been assisting companies around the world in organizing the working day in a way that makes them more productive, and profitable and adds value to their operations. Our globally recognized and acclaimed Workforce Management Solutions include Time & Attendance/Flexible Working, Labour Scheduling & Optimisation, Absence Management, and Access Control.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview. Referees will be required following interviews. If you are successful, you will be likely to commence employment with Softworks in August 2023.
A training program will be tailored to your needs and will include formal and on the job training.
- $45,000 CAD
- Annual Leave starting at 23 days
- Gym membership/subsidy after 6 months
How to Apply?
Send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com