Due to our continued success and expansion of the company, Softworks requires an energetic self-motivated Junior Business Development Executive & Lead Generation Expert to prospect and sell our solutions in the Irish market. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding company. Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to operate within a flexible, dynamic environment and join an expanding organisation to take advantage of the opportunities this provides to achieve personal growth, career advancement and salary expectation.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is able to demonstrate past experience of self-generating new business opportunities, have the ability to seize the opportunity and deliver quick wins and have the persistence to stay with longer-term opportunities to see them through to a successful conclusion.
- Excellent business development skills, professional and comfortable delivering formal presentations, demos and webinars.
- Driven, ambitious with a willingness to put in the hours and work to achieve results.
- Determination to stay with a sale that may take months/years to bring to a successful conclusion.
- An aptitude to easily pick-up software functionality, through both in-house training and self-learning will be essential to the individual’s success in this role.
- Age is not important, but a demonstrable, successful track record is.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Assess potential sales opportunities and develop value propositions.
- Generate leads and opportunities through outbound, strategic & targeted prospecting into large companies.
- Prospect into both cold accounts as well as into new groups, divisions, etc. of existing customers – setting of appointments and responding to tenders.
- Develop pipeline of new opportunities and build relationships with prospects. Achieving monthly quota of qualified opportunities.
- Close opportunities and meet agreed sales targets.
- Apply consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions for one strategic or several large, complex opportunities.
- As an important member of the sales team, help define the business approach for your specific region and deliver a joint strategy.
- Understand Softworks business focused vertical solutions and communicate this to potential new customers and prospects.
- Apply industry experience and knowledge to build business cases for purchasing our solutions.
- Build and maintain an effective partnership with key decision-makers and primary influencers in potential client organisations.
- Be on the forefront of championing our suite of solutions and cloud offerings.
- Collaborate with project and installation teams to ensure that delivery capability matches the proposed solution.
- Maintain a high level of industry, organisation, product and service knowledge to transfer this knowledge to customers and prospects.
- Although there will be full marketing support producing quality leads, the candidate must have the drive and ability to generate appointments and open doors themselves.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two – three years demonstrable, over quota sales experience, ideally within the IT industry.
- Experience within the Time & Attendance, Human Resources or Payroll application / service provider marketplace will be of interest, but this does not preclude other software application industry experience.
- Previous track record in consultative type sales role is essential. Ability to at sell to all managerial levels.
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience dealing with both medium and large local and multinational organisations.
- Presenting with the aid of power point as well as the ability to demonstrate software to varying sizes of audience.
- Analytical approach to problem solving, providing solutions and a strong interest in the latest developments in IT.
- Understanding of customer’s decision making process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Experience of producing winning ITT responses will be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- The successful candidate will probably have experience of a formal sales training program and be experienced in effectively managing a short to long-term sales pipeline.
IT skill set
- A working knowledge of the IT sector and verbal understanding should include familiarity with SQL dbases, Networks and Web environments.
Territory and Target Market
- Ireland – SME sales and SME account Management
- Salary: Competitive and depending on experience
- OTE: Un-Capt. Potential
Applications including cover letter should be sent directly by email to – firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their skills and responsibilities with the company. Softworks is an equal opportunity employer.