You must be a resident of Canada to be considered for this role.
Due to our continued success and expansion of the company, Softworks requires an energetic self-motivated New Business Development Manager to sell our solutions in the Canadian market. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding company. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to operate within a flexible, dynamic environment and join an expanding organization to take advantage of the opportunities this provides to achieve personal growth, career advancement and salary expectation. The new business development manager may work from home or in our Town of Erin, Ontario, office (This office may move to Mississauga or closer to Toronto city).
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is able to demonstrate past experience of self-generating new business opportunities, have the ability to seize the opportunity and deliver quick wins and have the persistence to stay with longer term opportunities to see them through to a successful conclusion.
- Excellent business development skills, professional and comfortable delivering formal presentations, demos and webinars.
- Driven, ambitious with a willingness to put in the hours and work to achieve results.
- Determination to stay with a sale that may take months/years to bring to a successful conclusion.
- An aptitude to easily pick-up software functionality, through both in-house training and self-learning will be essential to the individual’s success in this role.
- Age is not important, but a demonstrable, successful track record is.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Assess potential sales opportunities and develop value propositions.
- Generate leads and opportunities through outbound, strategic & targeted prospecting into large companies.
- Prospect into both cold accounts as well as into new groups, divisions, etc. of existing customers – setting of appointments and responding to tenders.
- Develop pipeline of new opportunities and build relationships with prospects. Achieving monthly quota of qualified opportunities.
- Close opportunities and meet agreed sales targets.
- Apply consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions for one strategic or several large, complex opportunities.
- As an important member of the sales team, help define the business approach for your specific region and deliver a joint strategy.
- Understand Softworks business focused vertical solutions and communicate this to potential new customers and prospects.
- Apply industry experience and knowledge to build business cases for purchasing our solutions.
- Build and maintain an effective partnership with key decision-makers and primary influencers in potential client organizations.
- Be on the forefront of championing our suite of solutions and cloud offerings.
- Collaborate with project and installation teams to ensure that delivery capability matches the proposed solution.
- Maintain a high level of industry, organization, product and service knowledge to transfer this knowledge to customers and prospects.
- Although there will be full marketing support producing quality leads, the candidate must have the drive and ability to generate appointments and open doors themselves.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five years demonstrable, over quota sales experience within the IT industry. Past sales positions will have included software/solutions application sales.
- Experience within the Time & Attendance, Human Resources or Payroll application / service provider marketplace will be of interest, but this does not preclude other software application industry experience.
- Previous track record in consultative type sales role is essential. Ability to at sell to all managerial levels.
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience dealing with both medium and large local and multinational organizations.
- Presenting with the aid of PowerPoint as well as the ability to demonstrate software to varying sizes of audience.
- Analytical approach to problem solving, providing solutions and a strong interest in the latest developments in IT.
- Understanding of customer’s decision making process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Experience of producing winning ITT responses will be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential
- The successful candidate will probably have experience of a formal sales training program and be experienced in effectively managing a short to long-term sales pipeline.
IT skill set
- A working knowledge of the IT sector and verbal understanding should include familiarity with SQL dbases, Networks and Web environments.
Working to an annual second year target of $750,000 revenue target, with sales ranging from $30k to $1 million plus, the first year target will be $500,000 revenue. Cell phone & laptop will be provided. Mileage Allowance and Healthcare benefits.
Territory and Target Market
North America – Enterprise sales (companies with between 500 and 5,000+ employees).
- Annual Salary: $75,000
- OTE: $150,000 (Un-Capt. Potential)
Applications including cover letter should be sent directly by email to – firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their skills and responsibilities with the company. Softworks is an equal opportunity employer.