Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK.
Due to our continued success and expansion of the company, Softworks requires an energetic, self-motivated and ambitious Business Development Executive & Lead Generation Expert to prospect and sell our solutions in the UK market. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding company. Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to operate within a flexible, dynamic environment and join an expanding organisation to take advantage of the opportunity this will provide to achieve personal growth, career advancement and salary expectation.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is able to demonstrate past experience of self-generating new business opportunities, have the ability to seize the opportunity, deliver quick wins and have the persistence to stay with longer-term opportunities seeing them through to a successful conclusion.
- Excellent business development skills, professional and comfortable telephone manner, confident delivering formal presentations, demos and webinars.
- Driven, ambitious with a willingness to put in the hours and work to achieve results.
- Determination and confidence to remain in control of an opportunity to bring it to a successful conclusion.
- An aptitude to easily pick-up software functionality, through both in-house training and self-learning will be essential to the individual’s success in this role.
- An eagerness to learn quickly and the willingness to go “above and beyond” to ensure success is expected.
- Be located or able to commute to the Salisbury, Wiltshire area.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Assess potential sales opportunities and develop value propositions.
- Generate leads and opportunities through outbound, strategic & targeted prospecting into large enterprises.
- Prospect into both cold accounts as well as into new groups, divisions, etc. of existing customers – qualifying opportunities and setting up appointments.
- Develop a pipeline of new opportunities and build fruitful relationships with prospects. Achieving a monthly quota of qualified opportunities.
- Close opportunities and meet agreed sales targets.
- Apply consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions for strategic or large, complex opportunities.
- As an important member of the sales team, help define the business approach for your specific territory and deliver a joint strategy.
- Understand Softworks business focused vertical solutions and communicate this to potential new customers and prospects.
- Apply industry experience and knowledge to build business cases for purchasing our solutions.
- Build and maintain an effective partnership with key decision-makers and primary influencers in potential client organisations.
- Be on the forefront of championing our suite of solutions and cloud offerings.
- Collaborate with project and training teams to ensure that delivery capability matches the proposed solution.
- Maintain a high level of industry, organisation, product and service knowledge and be able to transfer this knowledge to customers and prospects effectively.
- Although there will be full marketing support producing quality leads, the candidate will be expected to have the drive and ability to generate appointments and open doors themselves.
Skills and Experience
- Two or three years demonstrable, over quota sales experience, ideally within the IT industry is preferable. The correct attitude and drive is a must!
- Experience within the Time & Attendance, Human Resources or Payroll application / service provider marketplace will be of interest, but this does not preclude other software application industry experience.
- A track record in consultative type sales roles is desirable but it is essential that this skill set is demonstrable. Proven ability to communicate at all levels.
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience dealing with both medium and large local and multinational organisations.
- Presenting with the aid of power point as well as the ability to demonstrate software to varying sizes of audience.
- Analytical approach to problem solving, providing solutions and a strong interest in the latest developments in IT.
- Understanding of customer’s decision making process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Experience of producing winning ITT responses will be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- The successful candidate will probably have experience of a formal sales training program and be experienced in effectively managing a short to long-term sales pipeline.
IT skill set
- A working knowledge of the IT sector and verbal understanding should include familiarity with SQL dbases, Networks and Web environments.
Territory and Target Market
- UK – SME Business Development, Sales and Enterprise Lead Generation.
- Salary: Competitive and depending on experience
- OTE: Un-Capt. Potential
Applications including cover letter should be sent directly by email to email@example.com. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their skills and responsibilities within the company. Softworks is an equal opportunity employer.